Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Shoveling Snow!

Sorry it's so late with the email. We have had a full day here. We went to the Pentagon this morning. It was pretty cool. We got to see a bunch of cool military related things. It was really humbling to see some of the memorials. We were in one of the halls and they had a painting depicting some sort of humanitarian efforts, and on the box it had the churches name. That was cool to see. In one of the special memorial rooms I found someone named William Laing. Probably related somewhere. 

Afterwards we came back to Sterling then went to Ashburn and played some basketball. I am sore from that. Haven't played in quite some time. 

We have had an interesting week to say the least. On Thursday we had our transfer meeting. I met Elder Johnson's family. It was hard to send home another. I guess that I was supposed to learn something from doing that. So I got Elder Rogers. He came out with me. Some interesting things have happened with my companion situation. I have never had a companion younger than me in age, or somebody younger in the mission. I have had 3 that came out with me, but none younger. 

The new assistant is someone that came out with me. That's interesting to say the least. I am still in Sterling. We are moving apartments soon so I will get you the new address. Don't feel bad for not sending anything. If anything I need to send stuff home. When the spring hits I am going to send home most of my warm clothing. Start downsizing my stuff. 

Elder Rogers is from Santaquin. He is the oldest in his family. He is an awesome guy, I think that we are going to get along really well. 

On Saturday we got 10 inches of snow. We got the text saying not to drive, so we started to shovel but it was coming down just as fast as we could clear it so we spent most of the day inside. We were in contact with our bishop Saturday and also Sunday morning and he told us that church was canceled. We decided to go shovel snow at about 8. We were able to help out a few people in the ward. One of the members we did was less active, and her husband isn't a member. They have a 3 car garage so it took us about 2 hours. They ended up giving us 50 bucks each. We tried to refuse but they kept persisting and eventually we gave in. I hate taking money from people, especially since it was on a Sunday. Is that considered working on the sabbath? 

That was our week in a nutshell. Again sorry this is late. Really busy. I hope lizzy hangs on till I get home. That will be sad is she doesn't. I guess it will be sad regardless. I'm alright on money now. We get a new allotment soon. 

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment