Friday, September 27, 2013

September 26th letter

Dear Family,
     So I did get your letters from dearelder.com and probably is better to send them like that because e-mail is one time a week and is hard to get done. Hard to believe that only a week has gone by. The days feel like weeks and the week feels like a day. We have decided in our district that being in the MTC is like trying to drink from a fire hose. It doesn't work very well without the guidance from the spirit and the support of all the missionaries around me.
     I will be leaving the morning of October 2, that is a Wednesday and my flight leaves at 6:00 am to Minneapolis, where we have a 1 hr. layover. I don't know whether or not you want to talk early morning, or if you want to talk during the layover. Write me back and let me know what you want to do.
     So Concerning companions, there are three companionships in my district. Elder Walters and Elder Seeley, Elder Nielson and Elder Wilson,   Elder Allen and Myself . My companion has been a difficult guy from the beginning. On Monday my companion and I were teaching an investigator, ( Actors) and he cut me off from what I was saying and that was just one of the many things I dislike about him. So after we got done teaching we had a little chat and it turned into a yelling match and I hated my companion at that point in time. After we settled down a bit we talked it out and we are friends now. Sometimes explosions do solve you problems. As I said in my e-mail, we do live in the west campus in the Wyview apartments. There are 4 of us to a room. We have a private bathroom and shower, couches, desks, table, fridge, needless to say we have great living spaces. It is the HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE! This experience is like a roller coaster, very high when you can make connections between the Bible and the Book of Mormon. The lowest points are where you are studying to know what to teach but you can't figure out what the Lord wants you to teach. You have to be obedient to the mission rules in all that you do.. Wake-up at 6:30 every morning , 16 hours of class and service and 10:30 bedtime. Hard to do, no naps, no down time. I wish that my brothers could see what happens here in the MTC and the spirit that is present here. Tell Chase that I loved his letter that he sent me.
     We have had a couple of devotionals and watched a talk by Elder Bednar. In all of them they talked about how we need to lose ourselves in the work. When we are tired and at our breaking point, God will give us strength to get through it.
     I have no concept of days, everything blends together. Homesickness only sets in when I let it and I forget the real reason that I am here. Glad to know everything is good at home. Hope that everything continues to stay that way. Hope you are still loving your jobs and that Dylan and Chase are still good in school. Tell me how Brandon is doing. Haven't heard anything from him yet. I know what Im doing is right. I know the gospel is true. I love it with all my heart. I love all of you and will keep you in my prayers!!
Love, Elder Laing

No comments:

Post a Comment