Sunday, February 16, 2014

New Companion!!

Hi Everyone, 
So this last week has been very interesting. Since last Monday as you know a lot of things have been going on. Tuesday night we got the call for transfers to know who was leaving. Sadly there was two of us out of ashburn, but we were both ready for a change. Wednesday we spent a lot of the day packing and making other final preparations for Thursday. Also on Wednesday we were able to meet with Roy and Brenna for the last time. Kinda sad to leave them because they are so awesome. But when we were there she gave me a copy of the book that she had just finished writing so that was kind of cool. The book was more of a religious book. I think, I haven't really had time to go through it. Not approved either, but that's ok :)
So Thursday was the big transfer day. I got my new companion Elder Greenwood. So far he has been a really great companion. We are getting along pretty well. I cant remember if I told you or not, but my companion from the MTC Elder Allen went home. Kinda sad but what do you do. We also got to watch the Saratov Approach. I was pretty shocked that we could actually watch a movie. It was so awesome, about 90% of the mission was in tears. Such an awesome movie.
Friday we spent a lot of the day going over some of our investigators since it was weekly planning. I figured out that this area is going to be much slower than ashburn. We currently have 0 progressing investigators which really sucks. I guess we will focus a ton on finding. Whoo tracting, my favorite. :(
On Saturday we decided to try to find a quicker way into our area through a river since we don't actually live inside of it. We were walking by it and we needed to cross it since the branches were to thick. I stepped out onto half of a log to get onto a big thick one to cross on in, and as soon as I took the first step onto it, it broke in half and I fell about 7 feet straight down and landed on my feet miraculously. I didn't slip and fall, but it was into about 6 inches of water. So my feet were soaked, but that ok. I had my camera and my scriptures and everything so no harm done.
We were at church for 7 hours on sunday. Our church is only from 11-2, but we had meetings before and after which were really long. But the good news is is that I think I am going to like this ward more. Sunday night we went with our ward mission leader over to a Muslim neighbor of theirs where a guess a church leader would be. So we went over and had a very good religious discussion. Had some Afghanistan style food. Delicious by the way.
So that has been my crazy week. Hopefully everything here will turn out to be better soon. Its just going to take a lot of hard work and dedication.
Oh and I also got my package yesterday, I really liked it. Cookies are delicious, and I love the hand soap. I was really happy when I opened those little hearts. That was a very pleasant surprise. I will try not to eat all the candy at once. I am starting to try to eat healthier, I think in my last area I gained a few pounds so I am trying to lay off the candy and other unhealthy stuff. But I still will enjoy myself :)
Anyways I love you all, hope you have a great week.
Love Elder Laing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment