Monday, January 5, 2015

Donating Blood!

Good morning! So i wish that i could help more but honestly you can
probably say it better than i can. Just tell them that the work is the
same no matter where you go. I feel like Virginia is just a mini Utah,
especially in northern Virginia. We are working hard and having fun.
Some days are harder than others, and some days i never want to leave.
Umm..anything else?? Don't be afraid to send me another email with
questions if you want because it is transfer week so there wont be a
whole lot going on!

This has been one of the most interesting weeks of my mission so far.
So last Monday you learned that we went mini golfing. A lot of fun.

On Tuesday morning we had training for family history. We are trying
to implement family history more into our proselyting efforts, but we
don't know exactly how to do that. Afterwards we had our district
meetings. This district has a lot of awesome people. We have a ton of
fun. After district meetings we went as a district to cafe rio. So
usually we aren't aloud to do that because we have sisters in our
district but we got special permission because after we donated blood!

Weirdest thing I have done on my mission. I'm sure you saw the picture
on facebook. It went on one of those missionary pages and people loved
it. So we did that for all of the afternoon. We all got 5 dollar
Walmart gift cards except for elder Thomas who got a 50 dollars Visa
card. He just got lucky. Our district leader Elder Bateman actually
passed out so that was pretty funny. My other companion has a major
bruise around where he had his needle. It's yellow and weird looking.
That afternoon I went home and took a nap. I was so tired, and I could
tell I was getting irritable so I just had to.

Wednesday was also a very weird day. So that morning we drove to Burke
where the mission office is because Elder Thomas had his departing
temple trip that day. We arrived at 7:30 and it was really cold. The
assistants told everybody to be there at 7:30 when it was actually
8:30. So at about 8:00 we figured that out so a bunch of us went over
to McDonald's and got some breakfast. We spent the next 7 hours in
Alexandria with Spanish. Not a whole lot got done that day.

So we went and picked him up and went to Walmart and got some drinks
for our New Year's Eve party with our zone. We went directly there
instead of going home fist just to save some miles. We watched Over
the hedge, and How to train your dragon 2. They were both really
funny, but I figured out that I don't like watching movies on the
mission. But I won't get to watch any more till I get home.

I mentioned this in my last email but we nicknamed our district the
Sandlot district. We all got t shirts too. I will try to send a
picture of it. We had a ton of fun this transfer. I don't know what
will happen. We find out tomorrow night what is happening with
transfers so I will let you know.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment