Friday, January 9, 2015

Heavenly Father is proud of you!

** Note: I asked Elder Laing to send me some things that he had learned on his mission and also his testimony for a talk that I was giving in church.....This is what he sent! He is a wonderful missionary and we are so proud of the young man he has become.


-Heavenly Father is proud of you!
-There is a reason for everything!
-Love your companion!
-This is a devine work!
-Be yourself, become your best self!
-Mission life is real life!
-A mission is a life changing experience, let it change you!
-Your attitude will define your mission!
-Apply the atonement!
-Participation is key!
-As you move closer to God, you will see more of your weaknesses,
don't get discouraged!
-Everybody is different, your mission will be different from everybody else's.
-Don't let anything come between you and God!
-Don't be afraid of the atonement.
-Fear leads to decreased effectiveness!
-We are here to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone!
-A mission is the greatest thing that you will be a part of.
-It is a privilege to wear the name of the savior every day.

This advice came from 20 departing missionaries, with a combined 36
years of service so it better be good.

-Testimony-
I know that Jesus Christ is my personal savior, as well as the savior
of the world. He died for our sins and it's through the atonement of
Jesus Christ that we are all able to return to live with God. I know
that we have a prophet on the earth today. I now know what it means to
sustain a leader, and I sustain Thomas S. Monson as a prophet seer and
revelatory in our day. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of
God. And combined with the Bible, Doctrine and Covenants, and The
Pearl of Great Price, we are able to learn of gods will for us. I know
that the work I m doing is for a greater purpose, and will continue
till Christ comes again.

Hope this helps out! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment